Position: Search Editor
Position Type: Full Time
Our client is seeking a smart self-starter with excellent editorial skills and judgment to fill the role of Search Editor in the French-Canadian market. Experience in an online publishing environment is required. Experience working on a consumer Web site covering news, current events and popular culture is a strong plus.
The successful candidate will be familiar with search. He/she will be capable of using search trends to drive content programming. The Editor will perform a variety of editorial functions including: writing engaging text, editing, programming content, evaluating page quality, crafting an editorial calendar, researching dynamic photography, and working closely with a variety of partners to ensure the highest quality experience for our customers.
You must be able to handle multiple editorial and programming responsibilities concurrently, and work well under regular deadline pressure in a constantly evolving environment. Some weekend hours are required in this position. Maturity, accountability, and decisiveness are requirements. This position is located in the Toronto office.
· Select visually appealing images and write short, engaging text that entices users to click through to great results.
· Edit photos using advanced Photoshop techniques to enhance the image where necessary.
· Work closely with the US homepage team and other project editors to ensure high-quality, relevant content is surfaced.
· Maintain an editorial calendar of events relevant to the Canadian audience.
· Use search trends to identify content programming opportunities.
· Make on-the-fly decisions about daily content programming priorities.
· Contribute to a variety of projects that require writing, editing and publishing.
· Work with content partners to improve content quality and audience metrics.
· Evaluate page quality and use editorial tools to improve user experience.
· Track, measure and optimize the effectiveness of programming efforts.
· College or university degree
· Minimum 3-5 years’ experience creating or editing online content for consumers.
· Excellent writing skills including headline and caption writing with flawless spelling and grammar.
· Ability to convey features and functions in concise meaningful words.
· Proven ability to learn and effectively use online publishing tools.
· Excellent written, oral and online communication skills in both English and French.
· Proactive, organized, easily able to multitask and comfortable making decisions in a fast-paced environment.
· Experience tracking online metrics and identifying opportunities / successes.
· Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, work independently, and become familiar with new topics quickly.
· Well-versed in current Web trends and concepts.
To Apply, Please send your Resume to email@example.com with “Search Editor” in the subject line.
Please note, only successful candidates will be contacted
For other Opportunities, Please go to www.ifg-global.com